VMEDISPA™ only collects personal information that is necessary for providing services to its clients and for operating its business, for the following express purposes:
- To assess whether treatments are suitable and the use of our facilities are appropriate for your current health condition;
- To identify whether you have any injuries that would increase your risk of injury during treatment;
- To identify whether you have any infectious diseases which may adversely affect our team members or other clients;
- To identify situations where the use of certain medications may potentially cause adverse effects in combination with specific treatments;
- To ensure that you are aware of the risks involved with undertaking treatments;
- To assist our team members in assisting you should an injury or emergency occur, including to contact your personal physician or other qualified medical personnel should it become necessary to do so in order to protect your health and the health of other clients;
- To ascertain whether or not you are pregnant, as some treatments may have adverse effects on your unborn child;
- To ensure we understand the needs and preferences of clients; managing and developing business and operations, including marketing services.
In addition to the above, VMEDISPA™ may use your personal information for purposes of compiling non-identifying statistical data so that we may improve our services.
In certain limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed without your consent, for example, for the purposes of providing emergency medical treatment, or as required by law.
With certain limited exceptions, you have a right to access your personal information at any time. You may access your personal information by contacting VMEDISPA™ during normal business hours.
VMEDISPA™ takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure including premises security, restricted file access to personal information; and technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent ‘hacking’ or unauthorized computer access.