Dear VMediSpa Clientele,
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) named COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) a global pandemic. While we already know social distancing and self-quarantine are our greatest chances at combatting the spread of the quickly evolving virus, we also know that for many, anxiety and loneliness are at an all-time high.
As an industry that prides itself on making clients look and feel their best but also comes into direct, close contact with the public, We are taking serious measures to make sure our clients feel at ease and most importantly, guests and employees alike remain healthy and safe.
Here at VMediSpa your health and safety are our top priority. As you are aware there is a growing public health risk surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we are closely monitoring the situation. As a Medical Spa we have always followed medical protocols for disinfection and disease prevention. Given the current situation, and with guidance from our medical director, Dr. Adriaan Viljoen, we have intensified our efforts around best practice prevention.
Here are the specific steps we’re following to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff:
- Our treatment rooms, equipment and instruments have always been disinfected/sterilized with CaviCide between clients. We are now, additionally, disinfecting shared surfaces such as door knobs, bathroom fixtures, and our concierge countertop throughout the day.
- Sanitizing supplies, including alcohol-based sanitizer, are available to clients and staff throughout the spa.
- We have clear and frequent communication with our team to be aware of our policy updates, and to follow CDC instructions.
- We respect social distancing and have removed more than half of our waiting room chairs.
- We have limited the number of staff on duty each day, shortened our hours of operation and extended appointment times so there are very few people in the building at any given time reducing the risk.
- Any staff member who could potentially be sick with fever, cold or flu symptoms is staying home. If a staff member shows cold or flu symptoms at work, we are sending them home to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- We have postponed all scheduled upcoming events.
For our clients:
- Listen to your body. If you’re not feeling well, please stay home and call 811 for medical assistance, if needed. We’re waving the cancellation fee to ensure everyone stays healthy and happy.
- Take normal, healthy precautions that you would during the flu season. The CDC recommends frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers.
- If you’re experiencing severe anxiety around the situation try taking a break from social media, and seek reliable information from trusted sources such as the CDC, WHO or Alberta.ca.
Safety is always our number one priority. These steps, along with your personal cautiousness, will help VMediSpa play our part in keeping our community safe and healthy.
Please let us know if you have any question. We are always here for you. Thank you!
Your VMediSpa Team.